Finding the ideal home that will meet your needs, now and the future, is significant and often very stressful. Century 21's goal is to help you make this transition as smooth as possible. Here are some tips that you may follow to help make the search for finding your dream home seamless.
Before you start looking for a home, you should ask yourself a few questions:
- Where do you want to live? Do you want to be near schools, shopping or work?
- What kind of house would you like (need)?
- Are you looking for a particular style?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you want? Do you want a yard?
- How much house can you afford?
- Have you consulted a Realtor or mortgage lender to determine the size of the mortgage you would qualify for?
Tips to help you get organized:
- Pull a credit report on yourself to make sure the information is accurate. If you find any errors, take steps to correct them immediately.
- Browse through real estate advertisements in the newspaper and here on FloridaMoves.com. This will give you a good overview of the types of homes that are on the market and what they cost.
- Visit open houses on the weekends. It doesn't cost anything to look, and looking at a few different homes might give you ideas for features and amenities you'd like in a house but haven't considered.
- Start saving money - you'll need to have cash on hand for a down payment and closing costs.
- Don't incur any additional debt. Pay down your credit cards and don't apply for any new ones.
- Don't make any major purchases on credit - buy the furniture or car later.
Contact a Century 21 Sales Associate at one of the offices in your area. Your Realtor can help you determine how much you can afford and provide you with information on homes that may interest you. The Sales Associate will also help you complete all of the necessary forms when it comes time to make an offer.